Wolf Pangloss's Fish Taco Stand

"But, reverend father," said Candide, "there is horrible evil in this world."

"What signifies it," said the Dervish, "whether there be evil or good? When his highness sends a ship to Egypt, does he trouble his head whether the mice on board are at their ease or not?"

"What, then, must we do?" said Pangloss.

"Hold your tongue," answered the Dervish.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edge City, Titan

26 August 2007

Wordpress Blocked in Turkey

Seems that paranoid Creationist Adnan Oktar, aka Harun Yahya, has pressed the Turkish courts to issue an Internet ban on the whole Wordpress.Com domain in Turkey, because he claims to have been libeled on some Turkish language blogs on Wordpress.

This is one of the perils of increasing Globalization, along with libel tourism.

Give moral support to Wordpress to stand firm against this sort of fascist pressure to censor vast groups of people to protect the feelings of a single, well-funded crackpot.

Update: An explanation from "Edip" who is the target of the block.
The accusation of the Turkish lawyer, Mr. Kalkan, who represents a control-freak client who has blocked hundreds of websites before blocking wordpress, is not accurate.

I do not have a single blog on wordpress. Unfortunately, last year I came across a blog, which was using my name and posting a few articles of mine. However, if the owners of the wordpress check their database, they will know that none of those blogs have anything to do with me.

Occasionally, some of the former cult members who were spiritually, emotionally, and financially abused by Adnan contact me for help; but I know only a few of them personally, and I never recommended them to use wordpress for their fight against Adnan and the Turkish courts protective of him. It was their decision to fight the Turkish courts through blogging.

Personally, I do not approve blog-spamming; but knowing the abuse and suppression these young men and women have encountered in Turkey, I can understand and respect their motives. Their overuse or abuse of wordpress was their only chance to fight against a system that unfortunately has protected a cult leader that abused his victims to their bones in multiple ways.

After Adnan Oktar banned my website, www.19.org, I hired an attorney in Turkey. (I live in Arizona). After spending several thousand dollars on attorney fees, after getting another court order unblocking my website for Turkish visitors, after more than a year, we are still unable to actually unblock the website. Why? Perhaps, the cult has infiltrated to the Turkish Telecom company, as it infiltrated to some key government offices. This cult is no different than a malicious virus.

Thus, after all of this, I asked a friend of mine to manage a website (not wordpress), www.yahyaharun.com, to expose the real motives and works of this cult, which is harming many bright young Turkish children of rich families.

I stand by every statement I write and I never hide my name in my work. I am not scared of Turkish government nor the USA-Inc. I am a free-minded person and I support the freedom of expression of every idea, including those of my enemies. If you check the forums of www.19.org and its archives, you will see hundreds of criticism posted against my work and person; some even containing obscene insults against me.

As a principle, I never use obscene language and I am mindful of the moral implications of accusing someone, including my enemies, falsely. As I said, my fight against this cult and its leader was initiated by Adnan, the so-called Yahya Harun, not me. I am a very busy person, and I wish my path was never crossed with that cult leader.

I invite every rational freedom-lover to stand up against this cult for the following reasons:

1. Adnan Oktar’s cult is a fascist organization.

2. Adnan Oktar’s cult exploits young and gullible spiritually, emotionally, personally, and financially.

3. Adnan Oktar’s cult isolates the children of wealthy people from their parents.

4. Adnan Oktar’s cult uses black-mail and bribery to frustrate those who were harmed by the cult.

5. Adnan Oktar’s cult promotes pseudoscience. For instance, it promotes false ideas about the theory of evolution.

6. Adnan Oktar’s cult promotes racism, more specifically, anti-Jewish ideas.

7. Adnan Oktar’s cult considers Adnan Oktar as the promised Mahdi (Muslim version of Messiah) and propagates silly stories fabricated in medieval times.

8. Adnan Oktar’s cult exploits the work of cult members and puts the brand name “Harun Yahya” on all the books and videos.

9. Adnan Oktar’s cult plagiarizes the work of others (including mine), and attributes them to Adnan Oktar under his pen name, Harun Yahya.

10. To appeal masses, Adnan Oktar’s cult fakes as Sunni, yet among themselves they follow the cult’s rules.

11. According to numerous reports, Adnan Oktar’s cult engages in group sex and promote anal sex with girls they consider “concubines”.

12. Adnan Oktar’s cult uses money, political connections, and backward Turkish legal system to censor the former cult members to expose the secrets of the cult.

Peace,
Edip


Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

 

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits.

                Matthew 7:15-16